Interesting ideas for street style
During world fashion weeks, the eyes of millions of fashionistas all over the planet are riveted to a series of designer shows. Journalists analyze collections, highlight the brightest and most current trends, predict fashion trends for the coming seasons. But more and more often, the attention of the fashionable public is attracted not only by VIP guests and bigwigs of the fashion business, but also by ordinary girls and guys demonstrating original street-style outfits. Well-chosen clothes, a casual but very useful meeting with a fashion photographer on the street — and you are already a star.
Street style is developing at a rapid pace, involving more and more people in the maelstrom of the fashion world. Fashion experts even distinguish individual styles for each city — Parisian chic, New York agility, London casualness … The style of the streets now inspires fashion designers, being at the same time the embodiment of true freedom in fashion. In this article we will talk about the brightest and most unusual solutions for creating an image in street style.
How to look bright on the street?
There are two main groups into which street style can be conditionally divided. The first is the style of the majority. The images of this group look bright and stylish, but do not go beyond the concept of normality. This group includes both feminine babydoll looks, and rough rock or punk outfits, as well as clothes in sports and swag styles. Despite the variety, all these styles are quite moderate and most often do not cause shock to others.
The second group is the outfits of fashion fans, fashion freaks. This is where the crazy images with the use of meter-high wigs, boots on a 30-centimeter platform with stucco or metallic underwear belong. Such outfits immediately attract the attention of absolutely everyone around, but the appearance of such a character outside the thematic parties or fashion week casts doubt on his mental adequacy.
If you don’t plan on becoming a local Monster Mom, we don’t recommend you get into freaky street style experiments. To look stylish on the street, you should remember just a few rules:
- Don’t be afraid to experiment. Street style is freedom. If you don’t like the latest fashion trends, discard them and dress up so that the reflection in the mirror pleases you.
- Bright colors. Street style is impossible without bright colors. Even if the outfit as a whole consists of things in a restrained range, adding at least a couple of color spots — a noticeable handbag, a bright lock of hair, stylish catchy shoes — all this will dilute the image and make it more fun. The only exception is totallook — images made in one shade (most often black or gray).
- Combination of contrasting colors, textures and styles. The main trend of this year is quite in the spirit of street fashion — wear rough biker boots with openwork chintz sundresses, combine plastic raincoats and luxurious fur capes. Feel free to be noticeable and unusual.
- Negligence. Your image should not look too «smooth». Let your hair loosen up a little, or wear a slightly larger jacket than required. Leave the polished images for elegant outings, and the street loves a touch of casualness.
- non-standard. Perhaps the most important component of street style. Use familiar things in an unusual role — make a skirt out of a shirt or put on instead of a pendant, for example, an old teaspoon. Create DIY accessories from scrap items, mix styles and prints, wear all your favorite clothes at once. Try to look at fashion with new eyes and try something that no one has worn before you.
Of course, to become a street style icon, you will need not only a lot of knowledge about fashion, but also remarkable self-confidence. But believe me, the admiring glances of passers-by and the constant attention of fashion photographers are worth it. Not to mention the feeling of complete freedom that street style gives to all fashionistas.