status thing with a special character
Reading time ~11 min
- How did the leather wallet for money
- What are the types of men’s leather wallet for money
- What to look for when choosing a leather wallet for money
- How to take care of your leather wallet
A man who looks stylish and well-groomed knows no barriers to achieving his goals. To create a harmonious and spectacular image, it is important to pay attention not only to clothes, but also to accessories, which should be high-status, expensive, and of high quality. Any businessman or person holding a high position should have a leather wallet for money. How to choose this irreplaceable thing, read our article.
What is a leather wallet for money
Leather wallet — this is a small item used for the careful storage of paper money, coins, bank cards, business cards, documents, driver’s licenses, etc. In other words, this is a wallet designed for the strong half of humanity, in which you can neatly and conveniently put the necessary improvised things and money.
In Russia, a tradition has developed to call a leather wallet for money a wallet, although there is still a difference between these two concepts. A purse is an exclusively female accessory of an oblong shape that has a zipper or button closure. The purse is used only by men, it looks like a square, because it folds in half (rarely three times), has a strap with a button or a sewn-in magnet.
The obsolete French word «porte-monnaie» was formed from the verb «porter», which translates as «to wear», and the noun «monnaie», that is, «money». For the first time this concept arose in France in the 18th century, and in those days it was used to refer to an object in which coins were stored. The translation is still relevant today, because in the modern world paper banknotes, metal coins, plastic cards, etc. are carried in a leather wallet.
Back in the 11th century, on the territory of the Old Russian state, there was an analogue of a modern wallet for storing money and jewelry. In those days, it looked like a canvas bag, which was pulled together with a rope or ribbon. In such a bag they carried not only coins, but also small weights. With their help, it was possible to measure the weight of the wallet if the payment was in the form of precious stones.
The fact of using wallets was recorded even before our era in the territory of modern European countries, where they were called omoniers, they were made of leather or canvas. The peak of fashion for these accessories falls on the 12th century, when the participants of the Crusades brought Saracen pouches decorated with embroidery and metal decor from the East. This item, fastened to the owner’s belt, demonstrated his high position and wealth. In Japan, money was strung on a red thread for a long time. And only after such a familiar element as a pocket appeared on clothes, wallets similar to modern wallets began to be in demand.
Convenient and stylish wallet
The main types of men’s leather wallets for money
A good money purse is made of high-quality leather linen, processed with neat seams. For the production of this accessory, the skin of a calf, crocodile, ostrich, snake, etc. is used. The traditional colors of men’s wallets are black, dark brown, dark blue, but the choice is not limited to them.
You can find a wallet in burgundy, gray, dark green. When choosing a leather men’s wallet for money and cards, pay attention not only to its size and material, but also to its functionality.
- Bi-fold wallet
This is the most popular model in the line of similar accessories. A capacious leather wallet for money, cards, business cards becomes compact due to double folding. This item goes well with both a business suit and casual wear.
Some models also have a small pocket for metal coins and a clear plastic insert for a driver’s or other license, photographs and other items that can be displayed without removing. In order for the wallet to retain its flat, compact shape, you need to periodically remove old checks, receipts, notes, etc. from there. A leather money purse sticking out of a trouser pocket looks ugly and attracts unnecessary attention.
- Travel Purse – Traveler
Going on a trip, each traveler takes documents and money with him. For their convenient storage, there is a special kind of leather purse — a traveler. The roomy wallet has several compartments where you can put your passport, driver’s license, plastic cards, banknotes and coins, plane or train tickets.
The traveler is quite large. Such an accessory allows you to keep money and all the necessary things in one place and not look for them if necessary in a travel bag or pockets.
- Tri-fold wallet
Unlike bifold wallets, this leather wallet has three compartments, making it look even more compact. A button or strap fixes the product when folded and prevents cards and money from falling out.
Narrow due to triple addition, the accessory easily accommodates all the necessary documents, money, small change and is suitable for a man who carries a briefcase or travels by personal transport.
- Wallet with money clip – Front pocket wallet
This wallet looks like a plastic card holder with a metal money clip. A simple but functional thing allows you to conveniently store bills and other necessary items. Purse with a money clip made of leather, laconic will emphasize the status of a person who strictly approaches the choice of accessories.
- Breast wallet
The chest pocket wallet is unlike other models. It has the shape of a narrow rectangle. Unlike a bifold leather wallet, this accessory folds in half not in width, but in length. In one part there is a compartment for money, in the other — for bank cards.
This comfortable, roomy and discreet item under a jacket looks good with business suits. However, you should not wear thick wads of money in this, as this stretches the skin and deforms the wallet itself. Use it carefully, for this do not store a trifle in it, but use large denomination bills or plastic cards.
This accessory will come in handy to neatly store coins in one place. In a mini wallet with a zipper, you can put not only metal money, but also headphones, keys, and other little things.
How to choose the right leather men’s wallet for money
Regardless of how much money you have, a men’s leather wallet for documents and money must be chosen responsibly. Give preference to durable, high-quality products that will not tear even over time and will not lose their original appearance.
A cheap, shabby wallet made of low-quality material (leatherette) can spoil the impression of a person and even lower his status in the eyes of others. Esotericists believe that you need to pay attention to how money is stored so that cash flows do not bypass you. Otherwise, choosing the wrong wallet can cause financial hardship.
The following tips will help you find a quality, durable, leather wallet that you want to purchase for your own use or as a gift:
- Classic variant. Black, brown, gray leather wallet is a versatile option for any occasion, combined with business and casual wear.
- The form. Men prefer to use compact rectangular or square-shaped items to store money that fit in a jacket pocket, briefcase or car glove compartment.
- Seams. Pay attention to the quality of the seams. They should be strong and even, made of thick threads to match the color of the wallet.
- Clasp. It is important that banknotes, cards, documents are securely in the wallet. Choose a model with a button, a sewn-in magnet, a zipper, so as not to lose money and the contents of your wallet.
- Pockets. Pay attention to the number of compartments and pockets for paper money, coins, business cards, cards, rights, etc. Rate the purse for capacity and functionality in terms of your needs.
- Volume. A wallet that stores not only money, but also receipts, checks, discount cards, is likely to be quite thick. So if you need a thin, comfortable model, look for a product with a small number of internal compartments.
- The size. If you plan to carry your wallet in your pocket instead of your bag, opt for a triple fold money wallet. It will be invisible under clothing.
Additional pockets with a zipper will be useful for those who like to carry various little things with them.
Convenient and stylish wallet
Document case made of genuine leather and felt
The best gift for a loved one.
Convenient and stylish wallet
How to care for a leather wallet for money and documents
An important rule is to regularly empty your leather wallet of old receipts, checks, notes, knick-knacks, etc. Clutter in your wallet not only makes it difficult to find the right thing, but also spoils the appearance of the product. To make your wallet look like new longer, carry only the most necessary items and money in it, and use a cardholder for business cards and discount cards.
- Leather things need to be protected from exposure to ultraviolet rays, so do not leave your wallet in the sun, but store it in a dark, dry place.
- Under the weight of metal money, leather and inside pockets can stretch. If you use change, get a coin box.
- The product can not be subjected to either manual or automatic washing, especially with the use of household chemicals. Dry or wet cleaning is acceptable, similar to the care of leather shoes.
- If you do get a thing wet, dry it only naturally at room temperature. Do not use a hair dryer, heater or central heating battery for this.
- To keep the softness, shine and smoothness of the skin, treat the wallet for money with a special protective aerosol or cream.
- When using perfumes and perfumes, do not let them get into your wallet.
Where to buy a leather wallet for money
The highest quality of BRIALDI is the result of many successive operations, the first of which is the selection of material. Only 10% of the leather produced worldwide meets our requirements, and not all of it is honored to become the basis for our products. Only the highest quality raw materials, carefully selected by our specialists, are worthy of turning into a BRIALDI bag. But first, the skin is cut, doubled, leveled, glued, sanded, sanded and re-sanded and dyed.
Our policy towards employees is also aimed at creating bags of the highest quality. They are not limited in time and are not required to issue a certain number of products per week. We do not strive to do as much as possible — we want each bag to be the result of thoughtful and painstaking work, with special attention to detail, without which a high-end product is unthinkable.
Each BRIALDI product is a true handmade masterpiece, because we select our employees as carefully as we select the leather for our bags. All of them are true masters of their craft, for whom an excellent result of work is the only possible result of painstaking creation, and the pursuit of excellence is a constant motivator.
- Free shipping. We will deliver your order to any region of Russia for free
- designer models. Our own model range and small volume of production makes our product unique and emphasizes the sophistication of the taste of our customers.
- Stylish business solution. BRIALDI leather bags will perfectly complement your business look.
- 365 days warranty. We are confident in the quality of our products and that is why we provide a full year warranty.
- Responsibility to buyers. If you prove that the leather is not natural, we will refund the cost of the product in double the amount. In this case, the purchase will remain with you.
- Each masterpiece has its own author. Only one master works on each bag, working according to traditional Italian technologies.
- 8 hours of work. The average time it takes a BRIALDI craftsman to create one leather masterpiece.
- Only natural materials. All products are made of high quality leather of elite varieties: Antique, Floater, Great Nappa, Venezia.
- Attention to detail. Masters of the private leather manufactory BRIALDI set themselves the task of creating a perfect leather product. That is why great attention is paid to details.
Purse for money made of genuine leather in our catalog